Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fidel's First Surprise Birthday Party!


Jess, Alsie, Mike and Marc getting ready to surprise the birthday boy!

Our Best Friends Ever! So much Fun!



Side note for the day...Our kids are definitely gonna be fat! lol
49er FANS!!!

Yep, I made it! Happy Birthday Fidel! SHMILY!
So Fidel and I kind of have a history of spoiling each other way too much on holidays, so I decided I should stop spending money I don't have, and do a more "the thought that counts" kind of birthday. I know, lucky him right? :) Sorry hunny! Well, he's been wanting a 49ers jersey, and hat, and normally, the old rich nanny in me would want to take him to a day in the city including good tickets to a niner game, but my so unselfish sister, Allison suggested throwing him a football, birthday party to save money, and do something different since I've already gotten him niner tickets for a birthday present. He's never had a surprise birthday party, so I decided to give him his first! Well, to sum up, it was the best day ever! It was the day before his birthday, he was completely surprised(especially because he almost didn't come, I had to beg him by telling him I really wanted to give him his present that day) The niners won, which is definitely icing on the cake! Speaking of cake, I made his party look not like a 24 year old's but more like a 4 year old's. I made a football field looking batch of brownies, football cookies, and a football cake, not to mention football napkins, footballs hanging from the ceiling, finger-painted niner colored sign, niner paper plates, and a whole bunch of football food! Basically I'm the best girlfriend ever! :) It was so much fun! Our friends were so good about not giving away the surprise! Thank you guys for coming! And I owe so much to Allison and Marc, not only for the idea, but for their beautiful house to have the party in! Thanks Al and Marc, and don't worry, we have plenty of decorations for a superbowl party!




2 comments:

Rachel said...

you are the cutest most creative baker and girlfriend ever! i LOVE it, all of it!

Rachel said...

btw i come to your page just to see the beach :) thank you!